Canadian company Summer Fresh is making sure you don’t miss out during this unique holiday season. While we may not be able to celebrate in groups this year, Summer Fresh makes small, safe, socially distant gatherings with your family and immediate bubble worry free. This festive season, Summer Fresh is thrilled to introduce its annual Holiday Appy Recipe Guide, a one-stop shop for all of your holiday entertaining ideas.
All of the holiday recipes in the Appy Guide are both fun and delicious holiday recipes while keeping safety top of mind. The Individual portions paired with limited sharing are designed so people can enjoy each other’s company while remaining at a safe distance, ensuring this holiday season is as safe as can be. Each dish is more delicious than the last, and are all made with popular Summer Fresh dips… ready within 30 minutes or less!
The most popular Appys to-date have been the Mini Spinach, Artichoke & Asiago Bake where miniature 5” cast iron dishes are recommended to keep the portions individual-sized and oh-so-adorable. Second, to this, the Vegan Pasta Bake has been a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike! The creamy goodness of the sauce and caramelized onions come together to create a flavour profile that everyone is a fan of! For more ideas, visit the Appy section of the Summer Fresh site here. Find delicious Summer Fresh products in the refrigerated deli section of your favourite grocery store.
Mini Spinach, Artichoke & Asiago Cheese Bake
- 227g Summer Fresh Artichoke & Asiago Dip
- 227g Summer Fresh Spinach Dip
- 1/2 cup, Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup, Shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1 Package Crostini
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine Summer Fresh Spinach Dip, Summer Fresh
Artichoke & Asiago Dip, mozzarella cheese and asiago cheese.
- Coat 2 mini cast iron skillets with cooking spray and equally divide mixture into skillets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese bake is bubbly and golden brown. Set to broil on high and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place skillet onto a board or trivet and serve with crostini.
Vegan Pasta Bake
- 227g Summer Fresh Caramelized Onion Hummus or Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 500g Pasta (of choice)
- 1 cup Butternut squash, diced (steamed)
- 1 small crown Broccoli, chopped (steamed)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup pasta water
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Vegan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Add the hummus, garlic powder and lemon juice to the pasta. Add pasta water, starting with 1/2 cup and increasing as needed to form a creamy consistency.
- Mix in, broccoli, butternut squash, vegan cheese.
- Divide the pasta equally into four greased oven-safe baking dishes and top with bread crumbs and bake.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 – 25 minutes or until the dish is lightly browned.