Be sure to plan and experience a true seafood adventure with the entire family at this year’s BC Seafood Festival in the beautiful Comox Valley, starting today June 7th and continuing through June 16th. The much anticipated 13th Annual BC Seafood Festival is finally here and ready to serve up some of the most succulent, delicious and diverse variety of BC seafood and culinary bounty ever!
Discover how satisfying and healthy seafood can be for breakfast, lunch and dinner during the BCSeafood Festival Signature Weekend from June 14 -16th. Cheer on celebrity chefs, mixologists and oyster shuckers as they fight their way to win prizes including the coveted $5,000 top prize from the BC Seafood Festival Chef Challenge sponsored by Fortis BC and Garland Canada. Signature Weekend ticketholders will sample, savour and slurp the freshest BC seafood while enjoying featured BC wines, ciders and live music performances. Tickets for kids under 12 are free with the purchase of Signature Weekend passes.
All-time favourite events are back for you to completely immerse your senses into all things seafood including:
- Shucked! – June 14th kick-off the festival in style at this premier TGIF happy hour! BC’s most prominent oyster producing families & businesses show off as they shuck perfectly plump, sustainably slurp-tastic oysters at roving, longboard stations. Sit back and explore the unique characteristics and flavours of BC’s one-of-a-kind coastline. PLUS the always entertaining Shucker Paddy will join us to show off his Guinness Book of World Records shucking skills!
- Ceviche! Ceviche! Ceviche! Masterclass – June 15th if you love ceviche but have always been a little wary to try it on your own? Then this is the class for you! Two of the province’s top seafood chefs will let you in on the tricks of their trade for creating a seafood ceviche that will be the talk of countless summer parties to come! Of course, there’ll be samples aplenty to preview some of the “wow” your friends will know once you become a Ceviche Master!
- Baked and Boiled Kitchen Party! – June 15th you can break out the fiddles when East Coast meets West Coast at a good old-fashioned seafood boil! Simmering pots will chock-full of local shellfish and there’ll be tasty sides to go with. Plus craft-spirit tastings and, of course, plenty of music from The WhiskeyDicks!
- Bounty! A Brunch Seafood Cookout – June 16th This ain’t your typical Sunday brunch! Grab your besties and come rub shoulders with top seafood chefs as they guide you through the creation of a delicious seafood dish – that you then get to enjoy! And while you work away at all that fun, expert mixologists will be whipping up perfectly paired cocktails to keep the kitchen party going! Chef Nathan Fong, and Chef Quang Dang, 2018 BC Chef Challenge Winner, will share all their best seafood tips and tricks with you!
This year’s festival is offering up new Ticketed Events that bring together the best that the Comox Valley has to offer. Don’t be disappointed as all events will sell out quickly! Book your tickets now to:
- 40 Knots Winery Dinner – June 9th enjoy a 4 course dinner paired with wines from 40 Knots Winery.
- Seafood Bites & Wine – June 12th come and celebrate the marriage of Shellfish with some fine local wine by the sea. Prime Chophouse chef, Kevin McKellar will be crafting a number of delicious seafood appetizers while 40 Knots winery pairs each dish with some of their incredible wines. Money raised goes towards the Charity Shore Rider Cleanup.
- Slurp! Gin and Oyster Social – June 12th come and celebrate the marriage of Shellfish with some fine local wine by the sea. Prime Chophouse chef, Kevin McKellar will be crafting a number of delicious seafood appetizers while 40 Knots winery pairs each dish with some of their incredible wines. Money raised goes towards the Charity Shore Rider Cleanup.
- Terroir Meets Merroir – June 13th join us for an intimate long table dinner among the grape vines, where you will experience Old World Elegance with the finest preparation of our New World local products. Chef Lars expertly prepares canapes and courses, perfectly paired with 40 Knot’s award-winning wines. The ultimate experience will feed your mind, body, and soul as you sit back, and experience the ambiance of the vineyard with soft music, professional table service, and flavours that awe you.
Family fun will abound in the Kids Interactive Zone with touch tanks and interactive displays. Learn about wildlife rescue, sustainable seafood and aquaculture. Kids can visit the Storytime tent, play games and enjoy all things seafood! Get your little ones cooking in our Kids Seafood Cooking Classes for 5-12 years and 10-15 year olds! New for this year, “Learn to Shuck” classes for 12-18 year olds with sessions available during the Signature Weekend. Classes are FREE!
New for 2019! Cheer on Junior Chef Competition contestants as they compete to win an amazing $1,000 RESP contribution provided by Mindset Wealth and bragging rights! Four junior chefs aged 8-15 will have just 45 short minutes to prepare a seafood masterpiece and win the judges over with their creativity, plate presentation and, of course, delicious flavours.