British Columbia and the Atlantic provinces lead a ranking of outstanding destinations to explore as the pandemic wanes. Noting the anticipated joyful celebrations that will likely coincide with fall harvest season, the digital magazine Vacay.ca™ has selected the South Okanagan at the top of its “20 Best Places to Travel in Canada for 2021”.
Produced by Canadian travel journalists, the ranking is sponsored by TrippzyTM, the mobile trivia game that provides real-world rewards such as flight discounts.
With the pandemic expected to hinder tourism into summer, Vacay.ca™ predicts a focus on road trips that lead to nature escapes and smaller destinations.
“We are thrilled to receive this recognition,” says Brad Morgan, Marketing Director of Travel Penticton and Managing Partner of Visit South Okanagan. “The diversity of experiences and the connectivity of the partner communities is what attracts visitors to the South Okanagan. We have something for everyone and the scenic route that connects us makes for a day-tripper’s paradise. We look forward to welcoming visitors when the time is right.”
While British Columbia places five locations on the list, the other side of the country enters six. Atlantic Canada, the region whose stance against COVID-19 was for much of 2020 the hallmark of public-health response in the country, features locations from all four provinces. Nova Scotia’s Cape Breton Island is ranked No. 2 as it continues to add to its world-class offerings.
No. 1 South Okanagan consists of two larger destinations — Penticton in the north and Osoyoos in the south — and six small municipalities — Naramata, Peachland, Summerland, Okanagan Falls, Oliver, and Kaleden. The wine region offers a mind-boggling amount of quality experiences for travellers:
- wide expanses of gorgeous scenery;
- tours of wineries home to the nation’s best-quality vineyards;
- a growing bounty of culinary offerings;
- a broad showcase of year-round nature activities;
- Canada’s only desert region outside of the territories;
- family-friendly resorts;
- and Indigenous culture that connects it all.
“This year, given what the world is going through, the South Okanagan was a clear choice for the No. 1 spot in our rankings,” Vacay.ca Co-founder Adrian Brijbassi says.
Full article: http://bit.ly/Vacay2021BestPlaces
Vacay.ca™ 20 Best Places to Travel in Canada for 2021
1. South Okanagan, BC
2. Cape Breton Island, NS
3. Banff National Park & Lake Louise, AB
4. Dawson City, YT
5. Victoria & Cowichan Valley, BC
6. Prince Edward County, ON
7. Gaspereau & Annapolis Valleys, NS
8. Quebec City-to-Tadoussac, QC
9. St. John’s & Irish Loop, NL
10. Charlottetown, PE
11. Golden & Revelstoke, BC
12. Niagara Region, ON
13. Georgian Bay, ON
14. Gaspesie, QC
15. South Shore, NS
16. Shediac-to-Saint John, NB
17. Tofino & Pacific Rim National Park, BC
18. Saskatoon & Prince Albert National Park, SK
19. Kelowna, BC
20. Pukaskwa National Park, ON