WHAT: Canada’s national sport is getting a star-studded, sunny transformation on Tuesday, November 27th when the Canucks take on the Los Angeles Kings. Discover Los Angeles, the city’s official destination marketing organization, is teaming up with Canucks Sports & Entertainment to bring Hollywood Night—a hockey experience like none other—to Rogers Arena.
WHO: Spokespeople from Discover Los Angeles (Denise Lengyeltoti, Manager of Domestic Communications; Ashlee Ciora, Senior Director of Tourism) and media representatives from Canucks Sports & Entertainment will be present for interviews and to answer questions about the initiative. Canucks alumni will be at the plaza to take photos with fans and some notable locally-based Hollywood celebrities will be in attendance at the game.
WHY: 30% of all Canadian visitors to Los Angeles are from Vancouver—the highest percentage across the nation. While Los Angeles is known as the undisputed entertainment capital of the world, and its warm weather and iconic beaches are the highest-ranking decision factors for Canadians choosing to visit L.A., the City of Angels has quickly become known as the sports capital of the world as the home to storied franchises across every major sport, both professional and collegiate. Discover Los Angeles is using Hollywood Night at Rogers Arena to connect with hockey fans in Vancouver over a shared love of hockey and to inspire Canadians to visit by bringing the signature L.A. warmth and Hollywood red carpet experience to its largest inbound Canadian market, along with 10 opportunities for Canucks fans to win trips to L.A. to cheer on their team at the STAPLES Centre.
WHEN: Tuesday, November 27
Red Carpet Experience: 5:00 p.m.
Game: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
WHERE: Rogers Arena
800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver, BC V6B 6G1
HIGHLIGHTS OF HOLLYWOOD NIGHT INCLUDE:
- Fans will feel like their favourite Hollywood stars for the night as they walk and snap photos on the Toyota Plaza’s red carpet, complete with a state-of-the-art HOLLYWOOD sign.
- Fans will have opportunities throughout the November 27th game at Rogers Arena to win one of 10 trips to L.A. for themselves and a guest to watch the Canucks play the L.A. Kings at STAPLES Center.
- Two green-screen photobooths inside Rogers Arena at will allow fans to pose for pictures with the Hollywood backdrop that best fits their vibe and share their #HollywoodNight experience with friends on social media.
- Using the hashtag #HollywoodNight and tagging @discoverLA, fans can share their experience with Discover Los Angeles and the Canucks for a chance to win one of several trips to Los Angeles.
- Estimated 50/50 jackpot of $1,000,000 in support of Canucks Kids Fund.